Austrian Institute of Technology
The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria’s largest non-university research institute is among the European research institutes a specialist in the key infrastructure issues of the future. AIT provides research and technological development to realize basic innovations for the next generation of infrastructure related technologies in the fields of energy, mobility, digital safety & security and health & environment.
As an industry partner AIT focusses on grid integration of electric mobility and EV infrastructure as well as design and validation of EV and EVSE components.
Within the AIT SmartEST laboratory a test bed for EV/EVSE manufacturers and E-mobility actors (e.g. DSO, Central System Operators) is provided to test and verify grid interaction, grid compliance, communication protocols and charging algorithms using:
- 3 independent laboratory grids with variable impedances for up to 1000 kVA, flexible star point configuration and grounding systems
- 2 independent grid simulators: 0 to 480 V 3-ph AC, 800 kVA
- 3-ph balanced or unbalanced operation
- Facilities grid compliance tests
- Environmental simulation
- LxWxH: 3.6 m x 2.6 m x 2.8 m
- Temp.: -40° C to +120° C
- Humidity: 10 % to 98 % r.H.
- Multicore real-time simulators
- P-HIL and C-HIL at full power in a closed control loop
Company visiting address
AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Giefinggasse 2 | 1210 Vienna | Austria